UPDATED TATTOO COLLECTION // IYAAJAY

May 17, 2018


So I've now got a little bit of a new obsession.....tattoos.
Yep, 5 in 8 months
I finally bit the bullet last October when i got my first one and now I've pretty much planned most of my next ones (sorry mum and dad!) but after wanting them for years, Im finally confident in myself more to get them done and add to the collection.





So first off, the started with 'la bella vita' on the back of my left arm which was done in October 2017, which I thought was quite a nice size to start off with and also a saying that Ive loved for years too. The pain level was pretty minimal as its on a slightly fattier bit of the arm so Id say it was a 1/5 (although I did do the handy hint my tattooist told me to do which was to take pain killers beforehand to numb it)

Next up was a month later, where I got the wave and lightning bolt. Ive always followed the rule of 'what goes around comes around' which this really represents for me, plus I really just liked the way it flows (you'll see a pattern of me just getting things I like done not for a reason), during the same sitting, I also got the little lightning bolt done which, although it was the smallest one, was probably the most painful as its directly on the bone line for my lower arm so id say this session was around a 3/5 because of the wrist one (and the fact I totally forgot the first rule, take painkillers)

6 months had passed and I finally popped back over to see my tattooist (I go to Gee Hawkes, who is genuinely one of the sweetest, most badass people Ive ever met, and she's also responsible for Susie from HelloOctober and Lily Pebbles inkings too) and got probably my fave ones to date (I love them all for their own reasons) which was the lyrics 'Its you, its you, its all for you, everything I do' from Video Games by Lana del Rey (one of my favourite songs and also something that makes me think of my family too) and the constellation for Sagittarius on my inner left arm. I have to say, my tolerance to pain must of gotten better as I didn't really feel anything this time, which is surprising as pretty much everyone said the ribs would kill, but this is also why I love going to Gee as she puts everyone at ease so amazingly and almost distracts you from whats going on and what you've decided to do (plus its also lovely to just catch up with someone who genuinely loves pretty much everything you do, even down to work and our pets!) Id give these a 2/5 pain rating.

So whats next? Well I'm going back in a months time for a pretty large piece on the back of my right arm and booking up for some more inner right arm work to join it all together so im super excited to show you guys when its done! As for placements, the reason why all of them seem to be upper arm or covered is down to 2 factors, Ive always been self conscious about my upper arms so a way of me dealing with them is to cover them (I cant wait to hear the uproar of 'just go to the gym' but even with exercise etc my arms still stayed the same) and also because they're easily hidden when needed just by turning my arms.

I actually feel that they've made me more self confident as I could deal with the pain to get something that was beautiful which is almost a little life lesson so it also makes me feel that I can take on anything I put my mind to.

Until next time,
Jay

PREVIOUS POST // SNAPCHAT 'IYAAJAY'






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook