FEB FAVES // IYAAJAY

February 20, 2015


First off, I'm super sorry Ive been a little AWOL from the blog but the past week has been mayhem for me, with loads of work (the joy of retail and shift work) plus the arrival of an unneeded cold kind of kicked me a little bit but I'm back now! I thought Id bring you a little bit of an early favourites for this month. This months been a bit slow on the fashion front for me but that hasn't stopped me picking stuff up, especially key styles of trousers for me.


Now, I loved my River Island Sid jeans so much that I actually wore them to death but I felt like I needed a change as I did have a couple of issues with the fit of them especially round the ankles (the joys of skinny ankles which means the fit is wrong and flap around which defeats the object of skinny jeans) so I tried to find a pair that were super skinny but also comfy. I tracked down a pair of the Danny super skinny jeans which are possibly the best jeans I've ever discovered. They have a slight stretch, almost like leggings but fit perfectly without being too overly tight and uncomfortable.

This album only came out recently but I've already fallen for this and think it'll definitely be my summer album in the car. XCX's brash, almost Gwen Stefani-esque music screams summer and is also the perfect thing to burst out singing to. I love the songs 'Doing It' with Rita Ora and 'Need Ur Luv' which I've already overplayed to death but I don't think ill get bored of that easily.


Richard Nicoll recently unveiled his debut collection as the new creative director of Jack Wills which to tell you the truth, I was a little sceptical about as I didnt think Jack Wills would fit a more urban feel as its a truly prep based brand. However, I was proved wrong when I saw the new collection, especially with these online exclusive Kineton sweatpants which I adore. However, if your thinking of getting these, make sure to try some on instore first as the fit is a little weird but I can work with that, especially when I style them with an oversized white tee and shirt with Vans hightops.

All Saints SS12 Rockpile shirt / TK Maxx
I can't quite remember when I purchased this shirt, but Id totally forgot I hadn't worn it in a long time and think it fits perfectly with the 70's trend for SS15 and also into AW15 as seen with Saint Laurent who teamed floral shirts with blood stopping skinny jeans, chelsea boots and the ubiquitous biker. This also looks great with a tan and camel shorts for a beachy summer look too.


Since its been dingy weather, Ive felt my eyes straining more which means I've been relying more and more on my glasses to help out. I changed from my Raybans to these POLO ones last year and I still absolutely love them. The dark tortoiseshell is the perfect all season colour and the bolder frame frames the face without overpowering especially if you have a rounder face or a lower brow bone. 

Hope you liked this little favourites post, if you want to see any of these pieces styled in a lookbook let me know!
Whats your favourites for this month? Let me know below or over on Twitter

Until next time guys

Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook