February 17, 2014




So, a few months back, I featured Meggings on a rate or slate post and I've been toying with the idea of them for some time. However, I hadn't purchased any until last week, when Zara spoiled me with these beauties online, and I couldn't help but fall in love with them and snap them up immediately. Now, I know Zara did the plain ones of these last A/W but I didn't get a chance to get them so now I'm so happy to own these.

However, these aren't to everyones taste. The leggings part, which is a full set of leggings under a pair of oversized jersey shorts, are a cross between a pair of running leggings and eyewateringly tight jeans and are surprisingly comfy. They do take a bit of getting used to as they don't feel like regular mens trousers but I oddly fell in love with them when I wore them for the first time earlier today.

When it comes to styling a piece like this, it becomes a little bit tricky when it comes to proportion and layering, due to the layered trousers. I styled mine with my Nike Blazers, which gave it a slightly sporty edge and is also the first pair of trousers I've found that fit perfectly with these shoes (Has anyone else had this problem? I don't wanna seem weird that nothing else goes with them or fits with them). For the upper half, I teamed them with a fitted red Topman brushed cotton shirt and my Brian Lichtenberg Homiés jumper which clash perfectly with the oversized NY motif on the knees. Another way I'm looking to style them is with an oversized vest such as my River Island dog bite one from S/S13 which was a complete must have and sold out immediately. 

I did get a few odd looks when I wore these out, but to be honest, if I want to wear something, I'm going to. I think these would be perfect for travelling and also be great for a relaxed, laid back day outfit with a bit of an edge to it. 

What do you think of them? Do they make you put your best leg forward, or run for cover? Let me know down below!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook