WORK AWAY / IDEAS FOR WORKWEAR // IYAAJAY

June 12, 2015


Ah the stress of creating a work appropriate wardrobe!
Im kind of lucky that I now get total free reign over what I am allowed to wear (my previous job was incredibly strict with uniform and look) so now I can really express my love for styling at work.

I know these outfits won't be suitable for everyones jobs, but now being in a fashion environment, Im going to show you just a rough idea of how many outfits can be created just from using one key piece and teamed with other items from your wardrobe. My new work staple will be black skinny jeans, as they're the most versatile piece in my wardrobe trouser wise and will also go with a multitude of looks too!


MONOCHROME
This outfit will probably one of my most go-to looks as its easy to style up and down but will also be completely adaptable for during the day and shifts too. Ive teamed a longline tee with the quintessential black skinny jeans and my latest purchase (which you can read all about here). If a layers needed, Id pair this look with either a biker jacket if the weather is a little colder, or a bomber for an easier summer-esque take on dressing for work.


SMART
Sometimes it's nice to put in a bit of effort whilst at work right? Well I've taken it up a notch and paired a printed shirt which adds subtle detail without being too bold. To keep the look modern, I paired it with a killer pair of suede chelsea boots in a contrasting colour to stop it looking too dark and topped it all off with a pork pie hat which adds another element to the look. If I needed to dress this outfit down, Id pair this look with a light wash denim jacket, for that perfect take on smart casual.


COLOUR BLOCK
I know black can be a little heavy, but Ive played around with some proportions and think I've finally nailed the perfect look. Ive stuck with the same jeans, and then added a neoprene tee (similar one linked) which acts almost like a dress (its almost knee length on me and I'm 5ft11). To toughen up the look and add another texture, I teamed it with my grained 1460 boots which are also perfect for standing up and walking round all day, plus are also incredibly versatile when it comes to work wardrobes. If this look is a little too heavy for you, I would also pair this with a pair of mid wash ripped knee jeans, which still keeps the look edgy, but also breaks up the heavy colour palette. 


LAYERING
Layers will be key for me on the job as it'll give me the flexibility of wearing more, but also switching my look up by taking layers off etc. For this look, I kept it pretty classic IYAAJAY style with a plaid shirt (similar one linked), burgundy longline tee topped off with a gold coin necklace (similar one linked) and my chunky chelsea boots. If this look isn't suitable for you in the slightly warmer weather, swap the boots out for a pair of sandals for a breezier take on black leather shoes.


CASUAL EDGY
I will admit, some mornings, I REALLY can't be bothered and they turn into a little bit of a pet hate, so why not be a little tongue in cheek but still remain work appropriate. I love jumpers with shirts so I took this sweatshirt and a oversized denim shirt for the perfect early morning rush pairing. To dress this outfit up a little, I paired it with a spiked ear cuff and a pair of open midi rings that I've decided to use as simple ear cuffs too. If the earmuffs aren't you style, Id also pair this with messy hair and a snapback too to still keep the edge.

What do you wear for work? Would you try any of these looks? Let me know below!

Until next time guys,

Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook