THE BAG THAT STARTED THE BLOG // IYAAJAY

June 03, 2015


Theres one item in my wardrobe that I will never ever part with. Its also the item that was my first 'investment' piece and has helped me push myself in 2 ways; through my blog and my professional life too.

Yep, the bag that launched the blog is being featured because its almost a way of thanking it for what its helped to create. I know it sounds odd, but trust me, theres a meaning.


Back in 2012 I fell in love with The Cambridge Satchel Company, their ethos and also their love of traditional pieces and craft, keeping everything in the UK. When I tried to look for reviews, they were few and far between, and didn't really help with the decision of what one to get, what colour, what size etc so I decided to take the plunge. I went to their little Covent Garden pop up shop and splashed out £104 on my 15'' Oxblood satchel which I felt giddy about and happy that Id finally taken the plunge. But I still had a little niggle in the back of my mind saying 'I wish there were more reviews and honest opinions', which kicked off the humble tiny beginnings of IYAAJAY.

When I started my blog, the first review I ever posted was for this bag and I didn't quite think it'd take off as much as I did (you can read the post here for yourself) which has proven to be the biggest viewed post on the blog and the one that Ive had the biggest reaction from too, with people asking further questions and queries by email, twitter etc which I love.

Fastforward over 3 years, and my life has totally changed.

My 'little' blog has now racked up over 13.5k views, I've worked with some amazing companies which I couldn't of imagined and met some truly great people too through this blog. However, the one thing that hadn't changed over these years was my job. Ive always kind of been embarrassed by my job as other bloggers have either worked for themselves, or bagged the dream job in fashion etc but I still felt a little stuck in my retail job (for those who didnt know, I work at a petrol station) which has always made me want to push my blog further to help with my prospects of getting a job I would love.

Well, my lucks finally changed.

You read correctly, my luck has finally changed.

I will be trading in my HI VIS and hatred for broken barcoded coupons, for latest styles and mannequins at Topman!

I kind of have the bag to thank as when I went for my interview last week, I had it with me and the two people who did my interview both commented on it as soon as I walked in and also read the review on my blog, which also helped me secure the job as they loved my sense of style and my love for fashion and styling too.

Do you have a lucky item or something that holds memories for you? Let me know below!

Until next time guys,

Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook