22nd BIRTHDAY HAUL // IYAAJAY

December 19, 2014

‟I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' 22‟ Taylor Swift, 22

Ah another year wiser, and another year of 'Birthmas' (aka Birthday/Christmas, as it all blurs into an exact week for me) later, Im finally able to take a little break before the madness of work and christmas begins as Im working up until the 24th so Im enjoying all my free time. So as it was my birthday, I thought Id share with you what I was lucky to receive (I am in no way bragging and I would hate for anyone to think I was, as 3 of them were bought by myself to be given to me by people or bought on my birthday in Brighton)

As I wanted to take photography for my blog a lot more seriously, I asked for a more powerful camera to actually show detail and also be easier for me to use rather then my original Canon Powershot SX160IS which I've been using since I started, which was a really good camera to start with and see what I needed on the next one. I chose the NX3000 due to the fact it had changeable lenses meaning I wouldn't have to keep changing the body and can add extras on, and also the ability to flip the screen out for outfit shots etc. I love the vintage feel of this camera too with the leather panel and the retro styling too.

Also from the parents I received this gorgeous, simple bracelet from Simon & Me who produce incredibly well made, pared back accessories for gents. I love the fact its incredibly different from anything Id seen before and also the fact its so simple and will pair excellently with a multitude of outfits and styling.

This little beauty has been the best kept secret from my blog but made a sneaky appearance on my Twitter and Instagram as I couldn't keep this back until now. My Nan and Grandad, every year, give me £100 to buy presents for birthday and Christmas so that they can then give me them to avoid issues such as sizing etc and ironically, the day they gave me the money, we popped to TK Maxx in Eastbourne and I stumbled upon this bag. I latched onto this mainline bag which I believe was from his AW13 collection, which was reduced from £400 to £100, complete with dust bag, strap and luggage label with no damage what so ever, which I couldn't believe. I plan on using this when I have to take my blogging/work/documents to places as its big enough to carry my laptop and camera without any issue.

My Aunt and I share an eye for designer pieces and somehow managed to pick up this scarf for me which took me by total surprise. This super long scarf (both ends come to my knees) is super warm and soft and is the perfect layering piece for this upcoming colder weather. I can't wait to wear it with a smarter outfit for that finishing touch.

Whilst in London a few weeks back, my Aunt also asked me to look out for birthday and Christmas items like my Nan and Grandad, and I found this incredibly festive shirt at the Topman @ Selfridges section which is a small corner devoted to key pieces Selfridges have picked out. I know I have a lot of tartan shirts but this one really caught my eye due to the simple front (no pockets), thick material and also perfect fit which is a real struggle for me to find in shirts due to a longer back and broad shoulders. I wore this on my birthday teamed with my trusty black jeans and Scotchgrain 1460 Dr Martens which I've also been obsessed with. This is a real versatile piece for me as I can layer it for the AW period but use it for 90s styling in SS15.

For my birthday, my parents and I spent the day in Brighton to do a spot of shopping and I saw that Whistles were having a sale so decided to pop in to check if they had menswear reduced (Their menswear is seriously on point for simple, multifunctional investment pieces). Low and behold, I saw this sweatshirt I'd lusted after when the collection launched but I just couldn't justify purchasing at £85. Luckily for me, I got the last XL at £40 which, for the quality is an incredibly good deal as the fleece is super soft, and this jumper is warm enough to wear either layered with a shirt or by itself in this weather. I also love the anti-slogan slogan embroidered on the front to give that angsty sports edge I adore.

The first part of 'Birthmas' has been and gone, and now everyone is gearing up for the big day. Let the festivities begin!

Until next time guys
Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook