CURRENT FAVOURITES // IYAAJAY

December 12, 2014


Now I don't often do these, but I thought I'd share with you guys what my current few favourite pieces are for the season and why I can't get enough of them. I think the last time I did a favourites was back in September or October so these pieces are pretty special to be featured right now.


Its not the festive season without atleast 1 Christmas jumper and I have been totally obsessed with this forest green number. Astonishingly, I got this from TU @ Sainsburys last year for around £15 in one of their 25% sales and think this could easily pass for a higher end piece. Although this is sadly not available this year, I think its the perfect staple for this season as its a go to piece for the sudden bracing cold weather that England is currently having, and this would also be incredibly appropriate for Christmas Day or Boxing Day also. Ive been wearing mine a lot in rotation with a couple of others at work as we've been allowed to wear them for the festive period which I think really gets me in the Christmassy mood.

Recently I went to Portsmouth and visited my favourite place, Gunwharf Quays where I yet again picked up some incredible bargains and also stumbled upon these Dr Martens 1460 scotch grain leather boots that I had been eyeing up for quite some time and never got round to purchasing as I didn't know if I would get on with them. However, not only did I pick these up for £70 (from £110) but these are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn and I haven't even needed to break them in which is also a real bonus! I also love the way that these aren't like the originals but are a textured matte leather instead which I think adds another dimension to any outfit.

It wouldn't be Winter without candles and I picked this one up at TK Maxx the other day because not only did I love the sweeter, almost Christmas confectionary like smell, but the golden liquidesque like holder which also caught my eye. On closer inspection I discovered this was from DL & Co. which is sold in Fortnum and Mason, but was missing the box and also the golden lid but that doesn't detract from my love of the smell of this candle.

Finally, I also have a odd obsession with very heavy, deep aftershave in the Winter as it really leads to the heavy layers and mix of materials that are associated with mens fashion in the colder months. This Chanel example is my go to this year which Ive now deemed as my 'go to finer fragrance' and I'm now clambering for excuses just to wear it. With seasonal notes of Orange, Black Pepper, Vetiver and Amber, it starts off very heady and deep but mellows to an almost sweet smell that Ive had a lot of compliments on. I think most guys would love this fragrance for Christmas because its not your usual scent and its a real attention grabber, especially when it mellows.

Until next time guys,
Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook