STOP DROP ROLL - DROPDEAD CLOTHING PICKS + HOW ID STYLE IT // IYAAJAY

March 24, 2015


Established in 2005 in Sheffield, England, Drop Dead strives to create unique, high quality, limited menswear, womenswear and collectibles, inspired by internet culture, life on the road and an ever-evolving taste in music and art.

I originally discovered Drop Dead when I went through my 'scene phase' (thank god those photos don't exist anymore) and as Ive gotten older and my styles developed too, so has Drop Dead's. Bold colours and OTT pattern are now stripped back and more grunge/90's style which is the aesthetic that I really think works well for guys this year, especially with festival season fast approaching.

I decided to check out this seasons offerings and thought I'd share which pieces I'm dying (no pun intended) to get my hands on and how I'd style it too!


My wardrobe is genuinely screaming out for this cut off tank and Im fighting the urge to order it! I love the worn, almost trashed look of this tank, from the worn detailing to the deep, cut off sleeve. Id style this with a rugged edge in mind and pair it with dark cut off denim shorts, a snapback, white sports socks and Vans high-tops for that 90s American school drop out look which I can't wait to use this summer too!


UGH NEED! I can't express how much I need this shirt in my life. I know I own enough shirts but nothing quite as bold as this and I have the perfect way of styling this with items from my wardrobe. Id don the pork pie hat and either team it with super skinny jeans with a slight roll up or my ripped knee jeans paired with my chelsea boots for a modern take on 70s laid back pattern. Taking a hint from Saint Laurent, the rocker look is here to stay and this screams 'Im in the band, so what?' and wouldn't look out of place at Glasto too.


Im all for wearing my emotions on my sleeves, or sweatshirts for that matter, and this one is no exception to the rule. The 90s bubble graffiti screams Fresh Prince, but this time with an attitude. Id pair this with stonewash cut offs (bonus points for fraying and rips) with the pairing of sports socks and high tops again but this time with wayfarers for the perfect casual look. Id also be tempted to pair this look with cuffed skinny jeans and slides in the same colour for the perfect off duty errands look too.


If its plaid, I need it and this really is no exception too. I know it looks like a shirt tied round the waist, but its more then that. This to me evokes 80's/90's rock style via a major dose of Axl Rose (Well, we do share something in common as Axl is my middle name) and I can't believe I don't actually own one already! Id take one from the team at Drop Dead, and style it very similarly to this with an oversized tee, uber tight turned up jeans and battered Vans for a major take on street style.


Nothing is more summery then a bold pastel colour and this bag is the most functional way a guy can inject colour into a look without looking like a block of ice cream (too many pastels and you look like a Neapolitan sundae). Id pair this with any of the looks I've featured, plus I'd use it for travelling too as it looks roomy enough for the essentials plus it has enough storage and compartments to add to the collection which is something I always look for in a bag.

What would you style with these pieces? Let me know below!

You can find Drop Dead over on their site here and their social media too

Until next time guys,

Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook