December 08, 2013


Tis the season of the Christmas parties and with two in the last week, I thought I'd share my favourite, and quite different for me, outfit of the night for Saturday. Id gone a bit of a spending spree in River Island, who have really stepped up their game this A/W and created some real winning pieces such as this Zara-esque Black Jersey Sleeve Cable Knit Jumper which I fell in love with. I love the classic texture and shape of the cable knit, but love the clash of the slim fitting, soft jersey sleeves that offset the traditional cable knit stereotype of being boring and boxy. To balance out the dark jumper, I added my Topman White Oxford Short Sleeve Shirt which gives it a more dressy approach. Whilst splurging in River Island, I found the holy grail of jeans, the Dark wash Sid Stretch Skinny Jeans that literally fit like a glove, and at £25, come a fraction of what other jeans are selling for which is a real bonus. To tie these in with the classic style, I teamed them also with my KG Kurt Geiger Eric Chelsea Boots which add height and edge without distracting from the rest of the detail. For accessories, I kept it simple again and wore my above knuckle rings, a simple black earring and a slim silver earcuff. For my hair, which I got cut the day before, I decided to do a central quiff using a combination of TIGI Bed Head Matte Separation Wax and a tiny bit of L'oreal Studio Line Matt and Messy Sponge Putty to give it boost and then to help hold it in place, I sprayed a small amount of VO5 Volume Boost Gel Spray to just give it a bit more support and to tidy up the undercut style I recently had done.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook