Lifetime Investment; Coats

February 11, 2013


Im still in love with my Barbour Heritage lined coat that I recieved as a gift for my 19th, and I must have worn it every week since I got it (good ol' trusty British weather)


At £230 it certainly wasn't the cheapest coat around BUT its worth it in the long run. Barbour coats are super hardwearing and will still be in style and excellent condition in 20 years+ meaning investing in this iconic beauty isn't such a bad thing really. I stuck with the classic black, as I knew this colour would work with everything I already own but its still got a slight edge with the traditional check lining and yellow Barbour logo on the right hand side pocket.

This coat is not only light enough to keep you dry in unexpected bouts of rain (you never ever know in England!) but its also warm enough to wear when its freezing and snowing outside. Its got a double zip and popper closure so you can wear it multiple ways and it also has a beltable collar and detachable waist belt which allows you to stay more secure and warm.


I couldn't mention this coat without forgetting to mention the traditional Barbour pin, included with every coat and meant to be worn on the left hand collar which adds a quirky, quintessential twist to this classic piece.

You can buy similar to this coat at Barbour Online store, Liberty, John Lewis, ASOS and also independent retailers such as Badger Clothing in Brighton where I purchased mine.

For care, Barbou's CANNOT be put in direct heat, must be dried away from a heat source as it'll damage the material, and must be wax treated every year with a wax treatment and a hairdryer (to secure it in place)

Whats your take on the Barbour? Love or loathe it?





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook