Review; Cambridge Satchel Company 15'' Oxblood Satchel

February 05, 2013


Ive been after for a satchel for such a long time, and had searched high and low for such a long time. I'd bought cheaper ones but they just didnt seem to fit what I was after, so I decided to finally bite the bullet and splurge on a Cambridge Satchel Company satchel which i'd been eyeing up for some time but I wanted to see it in person before I committed.

So just before Christmas, after I found out that they'd opened a shop in Covent Garden (15 Shorts Gardens) and numerous excited emails, I found myself travelling to there to hunt down one of their elusive satchels.

As soon as I walked in, it was apparent which one I was going to walk away with, the hard to track down 15'' Oxblood satchel, which literally merged my 2 loves of satchels and oxblood together in a perfect package. The staff were so friendly and happy to help that it put me at ease about spending £104, which I know for a bag does seem pricey, BUT it is so worth it. Not only did this bag get made in England, but this company still keeps its full values of delivering amazing quality whilst remaining true to itself.

After I paid, my bag, fresh in its plastic protective coating, was further protected by the dust bag (yes, I know its sad Im happy over a dust bag, but its my first bag thats come with one) and I knew I'd made the amazing decision.

I've had the bag for nearly 2 months now, its still its amazingly bright colour, still holds its shape, and has started to wear into the way I wear it (on one shoulder with my arm locked over it, so I know its still there). It perfectly holds everything I need, its smart enough for an interview but also simple enough to grab and go when I'm busy. However, I've started to realise that some of the stitching on the front has started to slightly fray which doesn't really bother me as its a bit of character and uniqueness but I do have a niggling issue in the back of my head that it'll get worse, but I'm sure its nothing major.

If your wondering about stockists, Cambridge Satchel Company sell through ASOS where they do have some exclusive colourway's and finishes from that that are available on their website Cambridge Satchel Company which also offers an embossing service to make your purchase just that bit more unique.

A huge thanks to the Cambridge Satchel Company for this bag (purchased by me, not given) and lets hope the success continues into 2013!


**update** I contacted Cambridge Satchel Company about the thread issue which I was reassured about as its easily fixable



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook