MR PORTER X COS MODERN TRAVELLER COLLECTION // IYAAJAY

May 07, 2015


Can I hear bells ringing right now? Because this is genuinely one of the best fashion marriages in forever and I can't quite contain myself.

With the collection launching today (7th May), this collection aims to bring the modern gent to the art of capsule wardrobe packing, with a basic palette of iceberg blues, burgundy, black and navy, this also incapsulates a modern style that is ubiquitous with the well travelled man.

As soon as I heard it, I knew I had to hot foot it over and check out the collection for myself and I certainly wasn't disappointed. 


This is ticking all of my coat crushes in one beautiful example. Versatile, check, effortlessly cool, check, looks good with everything? double check! I would pair this with a pair of light chino shorts, plain white tee and a pair of achingly cool shoes and sunglasses to be super stylish and on trend, whilst remaining comfortable for travelling.


I love the sports vibe this tee is giving me with the baseball jacket style collar and half zip instead of the traditional buttons which also equals adaptability. Paired with slouchier trousers for travelling, you can then pair it with a more fitted, slimmer trouser for the evening for a suave modern look.


These are perfect for that all important summer pool time, especially when your travelling. Paired with the tee shown, they scream smooth and sorted, perfect for the gent on the go. These could also look cool worn during the day with a pair of slip on trainers in a contrasting colour and a pair of classic sunglasses and your good to go!


I love the slightly uniform look of these shorts, with the smart waistband and addition of the zipper pockets, I would love to get my hands on these. I would pair these with a short sleeve white shirt, a pair of sandals and a co-ordinating pair of sunglasses with a metallic element (think along the lines of a clubmaster style) These would also incredible paired with a denim shirt and a modern, clear framed pair of sunglasses.


Im the first to admit that I have a obsession with shoes and as soon as I laid my eyes on these, I knew I needed them. These achingly cool suede babies are the essential travel shoe for me. They're a versatile style, look incredible with everything and also are the most comfortable style when it comes to walking too (no rubbing due to annoying fancy stitching) My favourite unexpected styling for these? Pair them with rolled up slimmer suit-esque trousers and a simple tee for a real head turning look worthy of poolside gossip.

The Mr Porter x COS collection is available online from COSMr Porter and COS stores which stock menswear.

Love these pieces too? Already ordered any of this collection? Let me know below!

Until next time guys,

Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook